Friday, June 19, 2009

Picnic Table Talk: On The Go

This week's ABC and 123 Picnic Table Talk is about ways to keep the little ones busy, while on the go.

I recently made these travel bags for Izzie. I took an 8x11 piece of felt, folded it, and sewed the sides, then added a button. I keep these travel bags by the door in a basket.

I change out the contents periodically, just to keep Izzie's interest. Currently inside: Mickey Mouse paint samples from Home Depot (great for a matching or memory game), small change purse with coins inside (Izzie enjoys counting the coins or taking the coins in and out), a pocket Etch-A-Sketch, several 3-piece puzzle cards, and an activity book with stickers and crayons.

For more On The Go Ideas, click here!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Those felt bags could be used for anything. I'll have to make some because that is a sewing project I think even I could handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea. I love the felt bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bags. So cute and fun activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! What a cute and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever. I love the "mystery bag-ness" of this idea! Cute. Thanks for joining this week's picnic table talk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the element of unexpected in this, and your activities are well thought out. My favorite in your selection was a coin purse - I will be looking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be happy to give you more info about my quiet book (as long as it is for personal use). Send me an email, and I can help. I love your background, by the way. So cute.
    dianaccroft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...