Thursday, October 8, 2009

stART: Ten Apples Up On Top

This week we have been doing a lot of activities about apples. So, for our stART project, we read Ten Apples Up On Top.


Izzie had so much fun counting and placing the apples on top of her head! I first saw this activity at A Mommy's Adventures. I really had her focus on placing the apples in correct number sequence.

To make it even more exciting, I took an egg carton, added numbers and a little green object (party favor). I had Izzie shake the egg carton and whichever number the green object landed on was the amount of apples she placed on top of her head. This was a great game to practice number identification. I saw the egg carton shake at Live, Learn, Love.

Izzie created her own activity with the apples and egg carton. She enjoyed matching the apples to the correct number in the egg carton.

Izzie also worked on patterns. I found this simple pattern activity here. Izzie hasn't been interested in completing pattern sequences, but this activity really caught her attention and she completed all the pattern cards...several times!

To see more stART projects, please click here!

12 comments:

  1. I love all you apple projects. I am definitely going to have to bookmark this for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you turned this into a lesson as well.

    Fun book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activities! I'll use these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute activities and so unique! i really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apple patterns is the perfect addition to our apple mini-unit in the next couple of weeks. I've been to that site about 100 times, but never saw this - thank you for linking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are reading Ten Apples Up on Top too this week - I've seen it on so many blogs by now :) Thanks for the link to patterns, I am pretty sure that Anna will enjoy this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really pulled together a lot of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the egg carton game! D would love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! Thank you for linking up :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...