To celebrate Earth Day...
Izzie and Mac decorated these cute little grass heads that I found at Michael's. They are suppose to take 1-2 weeks to germinate.
Izzie began planting the seedlings from her mini greenhouse kit.
Ways our family celebrates Earth Day, everyday:
1. We recycle...everything! It's a bit of a hassle, especially since our town does not pick up recyclables. My husband takes our recyclables off once a week to two different locations. It's quite cute to listen to Izzie before she throws anything away in the trash, she first asks, "Recycle?".
2. We take our own reusable bags to the stores.
3. We've changed our old light bulbs to CFC light bulbs.
4. We no longer use plastic water bottles, instead, we use reusable water mugs. These are really cute and functional personalized bottles.
5. We are trying really hard to use less plastic Ziploc baggies. I tend to use them for my husband's lunch. However, we do use reusable containers for the girls' snacks, when we go out and about.
6. We recently began cleaning with only vinegar and baking soda. It's amazing how many different ways you can clean with these two items!
7. We are going to plant our first mini garden this year! Currently, I have strawberries and broccoli growing in my kitchen...we're still having frost warnings overnight; therefore, I haven't begun planting any fruits/vegetables outside.
It's been quite easy to live a more eco-friendly life and it's nice to know that we are making a difference to improve our planet. We will continue adding more ways in our daily lives to help!