Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I survived...

The first week of preschool (homeschool style)! Izzie will be four years old in a couple of weeks and we have decided to continue our "homeschool" preschool approach. However, we did join two Homeschool Co-ops, which are held weekly for 3 hours. Honestly, I never thought that I would want to homeschool my girls...yes, I was a public school teacher with many misconceptions about homeschooling. However, this past year, I've had so much fun with Izzie's Tot School...the planning and organizing...things I live for and can spend hours doing that I'm seriously considering homeschooling the girls, as soon as I get my public educator husband on my wagon.

For Tot School, we didn't have a strict schedule (she's only three) and I didn't follow a particular curriculum, but she learned so much and really enjoyed it too! However, this year I've decided to have somewhat of a schedule and I'll be using several different homeschooling curricula. But, for the most part, we'll read a lot of books, play games, work on fine and gross motor skills, and continue working with math, reading, and writing skills.

Back to school time has always been my favorite time of year. I can spend hours roaming around the back to school section in the various stores, and do! I've been organizing and planning all summer and I'm ready to begin this new adventure with Izzie and Mac. I'm so excited to begin our homeschool journey. I'll be linking up to Preschool Corner for Izzie (4 years old) and Tot School for Mac (18 months old).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...