Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten...A Success!

I've been planning and planning for this day for a very long time! Yet, I can't believe that my little girl is officially in kindergarten!

We started on Monday morning. I must admit that I stayed up way too late on Sunday night, making sure everything was ready for Monday...to say I was a little anxious, excited, and scared would be an understatement! We've been talking about starting school for the last week, so Izzie was very excited too! Early Monday morning, she tip-toed in my bedroom, crawled into bed with me, and whispered, "Mommy, get up! It's time to start school!"

And, I'm pleased to say that her first day of school was fabulous, even better than I had anticipated! After a morning of school, we headed to our public library for a relaxing afternoon.

Then, we celebrated Izzie's first day of kindergarten by eating at her favorite restaurant!

Looking forward to a fun and memorable school year with my kindergartner!

Leap over to Heart Of The Matter to see others!

Not Back to School Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie!!! One of mine is starting kindergarten this year too... so bitter-sweet!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, enthusiastic mom you are! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...