Thursday, December 8, 2011

Storytime From A to Z: Itsy Bitsy Spider

This week at Coop, the Storytime From A to Z letter was "I" and we read the book, "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

Before reading the book, we discussed what the word "itsy" meant and completed an emergent reader from the StoryTime From A to Z book.


Then, we read the book, which is a favorite for my girls! Mac loves signing the song, Itsy Bitsy Spider, so she loves reading this book because it has additional places for the spider to go and the illustrations are wonderful!


After reading, we discussed the letter "I" sound and came up with words that started with the short "I" sound. Then, we sat in a circle with a ball of yarn...as we weaved a spider web from person to person, each person said a short "I" sound word before passing the yarn to another person.

Finally, they decorated the letter "I" and made spider legs from their handprints, then added the body. Mine was the example...very plain. But, the girls did a fabulous jobs jazzing up their spiders!


To see more activities from the book, StoryTime From A to Z, click HERE!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...