Classical Conversations, a leader in home education, has just launched a new series called PreScripts, which teaches cursive writing along with art instruction and drawing practice.
There are four books in the PreScripts series. Each book contains over 100 pages and can be completed within the school year. In addition, the Prescripts books do not need to be used in sequential order.
Ages: 3-7 Ages: 5-10
Be sure to check out the sample pages, which can be found by clicking on the above links, for each book.
Izzie, 6 years old, has been begging to learn how to write in cursive. Many believe that with the advances in technology, cursive writing is no longer necessary and will become obsolete. I disagree. So, when we were offered to review Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring, we were beyond excited!
"The goal of Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring is to introduce your child to the building blocks of cursive writing and drawing through an immersion method of fun exercises."
What's included in Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring?
- The spiral bound softcover book consists of 121 pages.
- The first section (5 pages) are tracing pages of a variety of shapes and lines. The primary focus of Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring is to help your student develop fine motor skills.
|Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring|
- The next section (99 pages) contains all twenty-six capital and lowercase letters in alphabetical order, learn to draw pages, and coloring pages. The book is set up in a structured manner.
First, your student will complete a coloring page that corresponds with the Acts and Facts Timeline Cards for Cycle 2 Memory Work.
Then, your student will learn how to form a specific cursive capital letter by finger-tracing, pencil-tracing, and copywork practice.
Followed by a trace and color page, which again helps your child with his/her fine motor skills.
Lastly, your student will learn how to form a specific cursive lowercase letter.
The cycle continues with the next letter in the alphabet.
- In the back of the book, there are 6 blank pages for free drawing.
What did I like about Prescripts Cursive Letters and Coloring?
- Izzie enjoyed the variety of the workbook. She is new to cursive, so it was very beneficial to have several different activities that kept her interested.
- It was an easy way to integrate cursive writing and art into our day.
- The price is very affordable.
- Each Prescripts book is reproducible within the immediate family.
Sail over to read what other Crew Mates had to say about their experience with PreScripts from Classical Conversations.