After months of researching and tackling our state's homeschool convention, I'm finally satisfied with our curriculum choices for the upcoming school year!
- Core: Memoria Press first grade curriculum. We tend to lean more toward an eclectic, classical loving homeschooling family. After drooling over the Memoria Press curriculum, I finally broke down and bought it!
- Izzie loves Math. I allow her to work through the workbooks at her own pace. If she finishes one level, she starts another. She has completed the Kindergarten Level, Level 1, and Level 2 for Horizons. This year she'll be starting Horizons, Level 3. She has also completed Singapore Math levels: kindergarden, first, and second. Did I mention, she loves math?! After a lot of thought, I decided to no longer use both curriculum...this year, she'll only use Horizons.
- She completed First Language Lessons Level 1 last year and will continue with Level 2 this year. In addition, she'll be adding Writing With Ease, Level 1.
- I'm the most excited about this find, Biology for the Grammar Stage.
- She will continue working through School Song Spanish. We were fortunate to review this curriculum last year and my girls loved it!
- Core: Memoria Press Jr. Kindergarten curriculum. For Izzie, I would always cut and paste together her prechool curriculum from various blogs. This year, I decided to take an easier, less time consuming route!
I will be supplementing with:
- All About Reading, Pre-Reading Level
- Saxon Math, Kindergarten
As a family, the girls will be completing the following:
- Only the geography section from My Father's World, Exploring Countries and Cultures.
- While traveling around the world, the girls will be creating masterpieces from Global Art. We reviewed this book over the summer and it was a huge hit!
Curious to know what other families are using? Grab a cup of coffee and hop over to iHomeschool Network.