Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brown Bear Brown Bear Theme Week Day 2

After we worked with the Brown Bear, Brown Bear Tot Book, Izzie painted a Red Bird by using a feather. She had never painted using a feather and thought it was very silly, while laughing as she painted.
I then helped Izzie make a pair of binoculars out of toilet paper holders. We covered the toilet paper holders in red paper and then I gave her stickers to decorate the binoculars. She only wanted one sticker. I had planned on taking her outside for a nature walk and bird watching with her new "binoculars", but the weather was cold and rainy. However, we did slip out after dinner on the deck to get a glimpse of the birds in the backyard.

Izzie also pretended to be a bird by eating worms with her little beak!

I had also planned on doing this activity in the sandbox in the backyard. I found the pack of gummy worms in Toy section of Wal-mart for 88 cents and the little green tweezers (2 pack) were bought at Michael's for $1.00.

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog and how you use the book for a whole month its a great book with so many teaching ideas and extenders!

    I've added your blog link to my blog roll hope that is ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...