Friday, January 8, 2010

Fabric Wreath

I was looking for a cute and simple gift to make my Aunt for her birthday when I stumbled upon fabric wreaths.

It was super easy to make. I simply took a wire clothes hanger and bent it in the shape of a circle and then tied individual pieces of fabric around it until I got it "fluffed" to my liking. I bought 1/4 of yard of 3 different fabric designs at Wal-mart for a total of around $4. I cut the fabric into 6 inch strips that were about 1 1/2 inches wide. I included a clear wreath hanger for her too, which I found in the Christmas section of Wal-mart on sale for 48 cents!

I love the way it turned out and I'm excited to make a few more for upcoming birthday gifts!

2 comments:

  1. I've received one of these in the past as a gift and I love it. I am sure your Aunt will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did these for my Christmas gifts this year! I learned a valuable lesson: make sure you use double-sided fabric! I bought some cute Rudolph fabric that was white on the flip side and it ended up looking horrible!!!

    But I love these wreaths: they're fun and cute and quick and inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...