Thursday, January 28, 2010

stART: How To Build A Snowman



For our stART project, we read How To Build A Snowman. It's a cute, simple book with different textures on each page. It's an excellent book to use for Izzie's "speech therapy" and Mac loved the touchy feel parts.


Izzie created an adorable little snowman (printable) while reciting the book.


This week, she also completed several other Snowman activities, including...

Number Sequencing (printable) (1-10)

1:1 Correspondence (printable) with snowflake stickers

Fine Motor Skills: Matching clothespins to correct color

Dot Art (printable)

Simple Patterns (AB and ABB) printable

Snowman Game: Matching Hats

Writing Practice (printable) I decided to turn this into a File Folder activity (laminated), so she can easily wipe off the washable marker and try again. She's doing well with straight lines, the curvy lines are still a little tricky!


Scissor Skills printable


Izzie has been having the hardest time learning how to use scissors and we have been practicing for months with several different types of scissors. Well, I finally found a Melissa and Doug scissor set that she can easily manipulate! She is so excited to be cutting....everything! So, this snowman scissor skill page was a huge hit, even though she is nowhere near cutting the dotted lines, she still had fun "just cutting"! (No idea why I didn't get a picture of her using her new scissors...the blue pair is her favorite.)

For more stART projects, please visit A Mommy's Adventures!

*Please note the PDF Snowman Printables were created by Confessions Of A Homeschooler*

13 comments:

  1. I love this book!

    You did so many fun things with your snowman theme.

    Adorable snowman picture, and I love the number sequencing cards and the scissor skills sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun with those printables recently too! Glad you could find some scissors that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute book - nice job. I love your snowman theme - you did some really cute activities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snowman activities! looks like she had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's "snow" joke- you are having "snow" much fun with your girlie!

    Oh, and I totally agree about the scissors practice- my middle child, who's five, struggles in this area- I will be checkin' out your Doug and Melissa set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute snowman craft! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also have been enjoying those printables! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the snowman fun you had. I ordered this book from the library and am still waiting. I'm going to print some of these out to use with the book too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you will find that my tot school post this week will look VERY familiar... :) We used all these printables this week too...I LOVE THEM. I am very excited to go get the Melissa and Doug scissors...we have been practicing cutting and it is not going so well...The scissors being the majority of the problem..I have tried a couple of pairs but they are very hard for her to work...so THANK YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun. We have been enjoying the writing practice printables as well. I think Emily would love this book. Thank you for linking up :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Textures books are always popular in our house and you have come up with so many great snowman activities to complement this book.

    My daughter has also struggled with using scissors, we have bought many different types. She is just starting to get the hang of it and now gets less frustrated with cutting. Isn't it wonderful to see them excited as they master a new school.

    Thank you for dropping by my blog. It makes my day to see people taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to laminate the writing practice pages & put them in a file folder!! I'm stealing that idea ;)

    Looks like a fun week!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...