Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sight Word Game

As you may have noticed, we have been working on the sight-word "see" this week. I wanted to JAZZ it up a little bit with Izzie, so here's what we did for fun...

I took her Melissa and Doug latches board and hid the sight-word card behind one door. She had a lot of fun playing "Hiding Seeking", as she called it. When she found the card, she would say "I see 5 green frogs" or whatever was behind the door. She actually enjoyed this "game" a lot longer than I thought and it was great practice for fine motor skills too!

I'm excited to add more sight-word cards to this game to really challenge her!

2 comments:

  1. It's also a great way to get those simple sentences said! Yea!! Will she say a complete sentence like "I see 5 green frogs" without prompting? Meghan is just getting there, but still leaves out a word here and there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...