Monday, September 14, 2009

Preschool Environment Set-Up

I've been planning for weeks now on the best way to home preschool Izzie. Last year we loosely did Tot School, but not every day. I've been so inspired by the numerous amount of planning being done on the many blogs that I follow. I finally sat up a preschool environment for Izzie, found several curriculum guides to follow, and have an idea of what we'll be doing each day. The schedule will differ each day because Izzie has speech therapy 3 times a week at different times.

We will start our day after breakfast in the dining room with Bible Study. I will loosely use the 3 year old curriculum from ABC Jesus Loves Me. I added a homemade felt board for the weekly Bible verse and other Bible activities. We will be using the Read and Share Bible.

Afterward, we will have Circle Time. During this time, we'll complete the calendar and weather board (picture to be posted soon, still a work in progress), sing songs, and either complete a felt board activity or pocket chart activity.

I received my inspiration for the Seasonal Tree from Miller Moments. I added two pocket charts (Target $1 each). This week's pocket chart activities are for the color green. The seasonal tree is located in our almost completed garage converted playroom.

I really like the Montessori/Tot School style environment. I created a little area for Tot School in the corner of our living room. Each week, I will add a new assortment of items.

I like the idea of having "theme" weeks. It seems so much easier to plan for, so our first week is "On The Farm."

Top Shelf: Old MacDonald Had A Farm book and Fisher Price Barn Set

Second Shelf: Library books (see below for list of books), bottle tops spelling cards, On The Farm Magnetic Play Set, and How To Build An A

Third Shelf: See n' Say Farm, muscial eggs, color green activity, Preschool Scholar workbook

Top Shelf: Melissa and Doug Farm Lacing Beads, Mrs. Potato Head, Melissa and Doug Magnetic Pattern Set

Second Shelf: My One Book with container of sand, number egg carton activity, counting chicks activity

Third Shelf: Farm Animal Domino Game, bowling game, and 2 farm puzzles

Library Books:
Barnyard Banter
Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type
Rise and Shine
Over On The Farm
Wake Up, Big Barn
If You Give A Pig A Pancake
Barnyard Lullaby
Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm
The Cow Who Clucked
Farm Alphabet Book
Cock-A-Doodle-Moo
Does A Cow Say Boo?
Big Red Barn
Barnyard Dance
Farmyard Animals
Animal Babies On The Farm

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great. I have been wanting to set up somthing for our preschool also and will be using this post for insperation. Also we used some of your ideas from your "monkey's on the bed" theme...I linked back to your blog. (I hope that is okay)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have your days planned, and I love that tree, and your shelving unit for the items to play/work with each week. This is such a great post and it's giving me a lot of inspiration. How often do you think you'll be doing preschool with her? Will it be daily? Will you have specific time set aside each day to do work from the shelving? Sorry I'm shooting so many questions at you! :) This is the first time I've visited your blog and I am loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Izzy will love all the activities you've set out for her. I can't wait to hear more about what you do for preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great environment for preschool. We have a Seasonal Tree that we made as oue Bulletin Board on our front door. I love the way you set up your theme area. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...