Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Gift Reviews: Art and Crafts

It's that time of year again, when I start researching for Christmas gifts. I'm always curious to know what other parents are buying for their children. I read countless reviews on toys that I'm considering to buy because I want to know the pros and cons for each toy. The best way to really discover a toy is to ask other parents and children too. I would love to know what your children favorite toys are. So, each week, I will have a different category to review. Click here for the category list and dates. Please feel free to share your views about toys in each category too.

This week's theme is Art and Crafts.

We normally make most of our crafts from recycled materials around the house. Izzie art supplies mostly consists of crayons, markers, and washable finger paints.

Izzie's favorite markers are the Do-A-Dot Art Markers.


Pros: These markers are large and easy to hold. They are non-toxic and will not dry out when the lid is accidentally left off. In addition, these markers are great to use on magnet pages for pre-writing skills.

Cons: Expensive at $14.99 for a pack of six. I buy them at Michael's with a 50% off coupon.


I've been looking for a wooden art easel for Izzie. I found this one at Ikea that she'll be receiving for Christmas.


Pros: It's inexpensive ($14.99) and it's made out of renewable wood. It has 2 sides (one with a magnetic dry-erase board and the other side is a chalkboard), a place for the drawing paper roll, and a tray to hold materials.

Cons: Not available to be ordered on-line and shipped. I had to travel to pick it up at our nearest Ikea store, which is 3 hours away! Luckily, we made it a weekend trip.


Disclaimer: I did not contact or receive any products from the above companies. These are my opinions, which may vary from your experience with these products.

Please link your child's favorite Art and Craft items too!


3 comments:

  1. We LOVE these markers too! Have you seen the glitter Do a Dots they have? Too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna gets Do a Dots for Christmas, and we also have this IKEA easel. Unfortunately, he is too big for our room, so we are thinking of getting a table-top easel instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started buying Bingo markers at the Dollar Tree :) I love them, they're cheapo ! Not as many colors, but it keeps my 4yo DD super happy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...