Friday, November 20, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts: Week 3

I have a huge list of projects that I want to make this year for Christmas. To encourage me to finish at least one project per week, I've decided to share each week what I've made. I would love to see what everyone else is making too...I love sharing and receiving ideas!

This week I started several Christmas projects and unfortunately, I did not complete any! However, I have a good start on the ABC pillow that I'm making for Izzie and Mac.

I found my inspiration and alphabet template here. I am doing a few things differently. Instead of using a decorative pillow and fleece fabric to make a pillow case, I'm using a extra pillow that I currently have and a pre-made pillow case.

This is what the finished product will look like...plus, buttons and a pillow inside.

I had no idea how long it would take to cut out 26 letters! I've measured and marked on the pillowcase where the remaining 24 letters will go, but have not sewn on the buttons.

I would LOVE to see your homemade Christmas gifts too! Please feel free to link below.




4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I love how brightly colored the letters are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel in cutting out the letters. I'm working on a fabric/felt quiet book right now. My mom and I are making three of them and it takes FOREVER to cut out all of the pieces. If you do this link again next week I'll link up then when this is hopefully all done. Love the pillow too. That's on my long list of things I want to make as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had this on your todo list for a while, I think. It looks great! Yes, patience is a virtue!

    Hopefully I will make something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this! I found it was faster to trace the letters and then cut instead of pinning the paper template to the felt and then cutting. I like how you did the whole alphabet. We only did enough letters for B's name.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...