Saturday, November 7, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts: Week 1

I have a huge list of projects that I want to make this year for Christmas. To encourage me to finish at least one project per week, I've decided to share each week what I've made. I would love to see what everyone else is making too...I love sharing and receiving ideas!

This week, I finished these super simple No Sew Blankets for the girls. I found a tutorial here. I used one yard of fabric for each side. The top side is a fleece pattern and the bottom is a solid micro-fleece color for extra soft comfort. While shopping for fabric, I noticed that at JoAnn Fabric, you can purchase a No-Sew Blanket Kit for $30. I like the idea of picking out my own fabric and was able to make each blanket for $12 (with a 25% percent off coupon for entire purchase).

Izzie's favorite color is yellow, so I hope she'll like this groovy pattern.


I decided on pink hearts for Mac.

Align Center

They are the perfect for size for younger children, but would be too small for a taller child or an adult. My husband has already requested one for Christmas too, which I'll use 2 1/2 yards per side for.

I would LOVE to see your homemade Christmas gifts too! Please feel free to link below.


5 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I think I will make one for my daughter and one for my niece. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um- you are amazing! i am totally going to do this! great idea for a christmas eve squishy present since my daughter already found her santa jammies and insists on wearing them. thanks for posting this!!! when i make them i will have to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a GIANT one for my husband! Let me tell you cutting a tying a blanket bigger than my dining room table was a big ole' pain but he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our MOMS club is making these to donate to the pediatric unit at our hospital...I think I might try my hand at one too! Hmmm, who needs a new blanket this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami,

    What a great idea for the blankets! I'm sure the babies will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...